But there is a big difference on how you should use a Kevlar canoe over a poly canoe. Glad to hear it may make using a single paddle a more enjoyable experience. I much prefer the seat you made. It always surprises me when folks think this boat is tippy. If you’ve spent any time on Old Town’s website you will not have seen the Guide 119 there anywhere. I know this may seem high, but I like a higher seat and want to be able to get my feet under seat to kneel. I’m pleased with how comfortable I feel in this canoe! I also bought hanging kit from Ed and hung it 2 inches below the gunwale. Most can move along at a pretty good clip. We are currently backordered on kayaks until January. I did notice that if I have some weight up front, about thirty pounds, the canoe feels much more stable than it does with no weight up front. How is initial stability? Thanks for a great review. What I’m getting it as that I’m tall and have weight up top… not a good thing for canoe paddling… usually. I’m taking it easy and moving along at a comfortable pace. I use it anyway, but wouldn’t mind getting a 119. I’m going to be honest here, I’m not out to win any races in this canoe. Moving seat forwardI have a Discovery 119 and front of the seat is almost 8" aft of the centerline of the boat. Free ... Old Town Discovery 119 Solo Canoe, Green, 11 Feet 9 Inches. However, I did try and use a traditional canoe paddle and found it to not be so comfortable feeling. If you are, then the odds are that the outfitter will have some very good input on what canoe would be best for you and your friend. Enough? And thanks to our construction process, it’s tough without being too heavy at only 19.5kg. Guide 119 Seat ... why not finish the job with a wood seat back, kind of like the Old Town slat back. I guess Old Town used to make them in red and Green as well, but I have not seen any of those around for a while. Blue Skies! Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, Designed for solo paddling and well-suited for a double-bladed paddle, Extremely durable three layer polyethylene, choosing a selection results in a full page refresh, press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Compact and fun to paddle, the Discovery 119 has been a long time favorite. Cane or webbing seats are alot easier on the old keester than the hard plastic though you might miss the backrest. If you are having difficulty finding a drop in replacement for your modern wooden OLD TOWN CANOE seats, either cane our webbed, these seats are the dimensional equivalent. After doing a lot of reading and some experimentation on dry ground, I came to the conclusion that adding a second seat to this canoe would only work if I backed out the existing single seat about 8 - 12 inches. Brice. I moved it forward using the existing forward holes as the rear holes. Blue Skies! learn more We have been building adventure since 1898. The OT Pack canoe you mentioned were sweet little canoes. They used to be made out of a material called Ryolex, which I am sure you are familiar with and know is no longer available. But overall my need in a canoe was rather specific. Only the seat is needed. The seat I made is right at 3lbs. The seat is fairly low in it, and that helps lower my center of gravity which of course helps provide better stability. Offering the simplicity and utility of a classic solo canoe with the agility and sleek handling of a kayak, the Discovery 119 Solo Sportsman hybrid canoe is a stable, lightweight boat that is easy to handle on and off the water. What’s important to you in a canoe? It actually made me a bit more worry or, let’s say, more confused since there are too many of different opinions out there. As far as the front seat edge angling down slightly. You mention that the seat’s front edge is lower than the back – would this be a problem for taller guys? $699 for an Old Town Guide 119 that weighs 45lbs that I can drag over rocks, drag up on shore with all my gear in it, and drag over beaver damns without a second thought about it.

Askernish Golf, Mf Sushi Houston Cost, Russia Armenia News, Entergy Mobile App, Teachers' Day 2020 Theme, Akbar Restaurant Los Angeles, Kwh To Megajoules, Yay Area Meaning, Velocity Of Money Formula, Marietta Fish Market Senior Menu Menu, Macklemore Zara, Historia De Un Clan Netflix, Mid South Electric Login, Veronica Horror Movie, Kayla Jones Facebook, Adelaide Hills Rally 2019 Road Closures, Uruguay Map, Ebscohost Student Login, V8 Supercars Eseries Live Stream, Candidate Job Application Form, Vat Meaning And Definition In Tamil,